Designed to meet the ongoing needs of students who thrive in an online learning environment
Fully Virtual Program
Advisory Model for Success
Secondary [6-12] – Enrolling Now!
- Teachers advise about 15 students – focus on success
- Students learn at their own pace with online classes
- Teachers are there to support and answer questions
- Regular check-ins with advisory teacher to stay on pace
- Opportunities for personalized learning in electives
- Students stay enrolled locally for sports/extra-curriculars
- Meets all NYS middle/high credit requirements
- Services for students with special needs limited to indirect consultant teaching
- Check for online readiness using our student survey
Information for School Districts
The NYVirtual Academy from Genesee Valley BOCES is designed to meet the learning needs of students who thrived during online learning, even after most students have returned to school. This program will meet the immediate needs of continued remote learners while establishing a successful model for the future.
Through this statewide program, Genesee Valley BOCES is able to provide a learning experience that meets the needs of students while still being affordable for districts at about $8,500 per student for the school year, and we provide the teachers and technology. For districts beyond our Mid-West JMT, the cost is $9,000 per year.